Actress Lindsay Lohan has filed a lawsuit against E*Trade for $100 million, according to Reuters. In papers filed in Monday in Nassau County, New York, the Mean Girls star claims that one of the online brokerage’s recent TV ads featuring a ditzy, “milkaholic” baby girl named Lindsay is modeled after her and improperly invoked her “likeness, name, characterization, and personality” without permission, violating her right to privacy. Lohan is suing for $50 million in compensatory damages and an additional $50 million in exemplary damages. She also demanded that E*Trade stop running the ad. Calls for comment to lawyers on both sides have not been returned. The ad, which aired during the Super Bowl on Feb. 7, is part of a campaign featuring smart-aleck toddlers who play the market. In 2007, Lohan was ordered to spend a day in jail, undergo an alcohol education program, and spend three years on probation after admitting to drunk driving and cocaine possession. Still, the ad—and the lawsuit—has already gotten people talking. In the fourth hour of Today this morning, Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb addressed the controversy. (Read Mandi Bierly’s take on the hour here.)
Lindsay Lohan sues E-Trade for $100 million
- J.K. Rowling digs into Dolores Umbridge in new Pottermore story
- 'Sons of Anarchy' wraps series finale, team shares pics from set
- 31 scariest movies of all time: Chris Nashawaty's picks
- 17 creepiest TV shows
- 'How to Get Away With Murder': Talk about 'Freakin' Whack-a-Mole' surprises
- 'Scandal'; 'Vampire Diaries'; 'Reign'; more TV recaps
- 'Big Bang Theory'; 'Project Runway All Stars'; 'Graceland'; more TV recaps
- 'Modern Family' Halloween: Welcome to AwesomeLand
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- Children of the Revolution: An exclusive first look at 'Terminator: Genisys'
- Lily Rabe to appear on 'American Horror Story: Freak Show,' reprise 'Asylum' role
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'
- Get an exclusive first look at 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies'