Actress Lindsay Lohan has filed a lawsuit against E*Trade for $100 million, according to Reuters. In papers filed in Monday in Nassau County, New York, the Mean Girls star claims that one of the online brokerage’s recent TV ads featuring a ditzy, “milkaholic” baby girl named Lindsay is modeled after her and improperly invoked her “likeness, name, characterization, and personality” without permission, violating her right to privacy. Lohan is suing for $50 million in compensatory damages and an additional $50 million in exemplary damages. She also demanded that E*Trade stop running the ad. Calls for comment to lawyers on both sides have not been returned. The ad, which aired during the Super Bowl on Feb. 7, is part of a campaign featuring smart-aleck toddlers who play the market. In 2007, Lohan was ordered to spend a day in jail, undergo an alcohol education program, and spend three years on probation after admitting to drunk driving and cocaine possession. Still, the ad—and the lawsuit—has already gotten people talking. In the fourth hour of Today this morning, Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb addressed the controversy. (Read Mandi Bierly’s take on the hour here.)
Lindsay Lohan sues E-Trade for $100 million
- 'Gotham' up, 'Selfie' down? Insiders predict fall TV rookie prospects
- 'Project Runway' recap: 'The History of the American Girl'
- 'Dating Naked: The Wedding': Naked body painting, naked drum circle, and more we saw
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser: Bet you didn't see THAT coming
- Caleb on 'Big Brother': I'd have taken Derrick to final and 'I would have won'
- 'Maze Runner': How big at the box office?
- 'Hawaii Five-0' season premiere sneak peek: McGarrett and Danno go to therapy
- Ernie Hudson tells us 'Ghostbusters' stories at key NYC locations
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- 'Castle' cast gets slap-happy in season 6 gag reel
- Fox is finally making 'X-Men' spinoff 'Deadpool'
- Insiders predict which new shows will be hits (and flops)
- Naked body painting! Naked drum circle! And other things we saw at 'Dating Naked: The Wedding'