Spartacus: Blood and Sand star Andy Whitfield has been diagnosed with treatable Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma, according to Starz Entertainment. The actor, who plays the title character, is beginning treatment immediately in New Zealand. “I’m receiving excellent care, and am feeling strong, positive and determined with an army of support behind me,” Whitfield said in a release. Because of the actor’s treatment schedule, shooting on the second season of the Starz Original series will be postponed.
'Spartacus' actor Andy Whitfield diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': First trailer's here
- Comic-Con 2014 Preview Night: And we're off...
- 'Constantine': Comic-Con's verdict?
- 'Ant-Man' Comic-Con poster: First Look
- 'Lucy': EW movie review
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': 2 concept art posters
- Comic-Con: Norman Reedus as Marshmallow Man?
- Sigourney Weaver is digital Ripley in 'Alien' game