Spartacus: Blood and Sand star Andy Whitfield has been diagnosed with treatable Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma, according to Starz Entertainment. The actor, who plays the title character, is beginning treatment immediately in New Zealand. “I’m receiving excellent care, and am feeling strong, positive and determined with an army of support behind me,” Whitfield said in a release. Because of the actor’s treatment schedule, shooting on the second season of the Starz Original series will be postponed.
'Spartacus' actor Andy Whitfield diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Angelina Jolie and Jack O'Connell are 'Unbroken': See new EW cover
- 'Constantine' production halted by NBC
- 'Mentalist' scoop: Season 8 'possible' but CBS finale will have closure
- 'Pan' First Look: Hugh Jackman as villain pirate...but don't call him Hook
- American Music Awards '14: We grade the performances
- American Music Awards 2014 style: What the stars wore
- American Music Awards 2014: 'Booty' gets buzz for J.Lo and Iggy
- American Music Awards 2014: Your take on Taylor Swift, J.Lo, more highs/lows?