The Los Angeles Times is reporting that Animal Planet has greenlit a new series based on Oscar-winning documentary The Cove. Like the film, the series will star animal activist Ric O’Barry — seen on last night’s Oscar telecast holding up a sign asking viewers to text a number for more info during the filmmaking team’s acceptance speech — and continue the exploration of the dolphin fishing trade in Japan. Animal Planet hopes to debut the series in the fall, after premiering the documentary this summer.
'The Cove' TV series greenlit by Animal Planet
- 'SNL': How'd Amy Adams do?
- 'The Legend of Korra' series finale recap: Ending on its own terms
- Craig Ferguson signs off 'Late Late Show' with an all-star 'Drum' corps--and a dream
- 20 top Xmas movies ever
- 'Game of Thrones': 7 great gift ideas
- 'Big Bang Theory': 15 solutions if you're shopping for a fan
- 'Mad Men': 20 gift ideas for dapper Dons (or Bettys)
- 'Empire Strikes Back' live-read photos, including Mark Hamill as the Emperor
Top 5 Most Read
- Michael Pitt exits 'Hannibal,' Joe Anderson to replace him
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes -- exclusive
- Kevin Hart teaches Will Ferrell to survive prison in 'Get Hard' trailer
- Mark Hamill as The Emperor! Rainn Wilson is Chewbacca! Photos from the Live-Read of 'The Empire Strikes Back'
- Jeff Probst reveals the secret 'Survivor' ending you didn't see...and it's the best thing ever