The Los Angeles Times is reporting that Animal Planet has greenlit a new series based on Oscar-winning documentary The Cove. Like the film, the series will star animal activist Ric O’Barry — seen on last night’s Oscar telecast holding up a sign asking viewers to text a number for more info during the filmmaking team’s acceptance speech — and continue the exploration of the dolphin fishing trade in Japan. Animal Planet hopes to debut the series in the fall, after premiering the documentary this summer.
'The Cove' TV series greenlit by Animal Planet
- 'SNL' recap: Cameron Diaz is a 'Back Home Baller'
- AMAs 2013 flashback: See how we graded last year's performances
- AMAs 2013 flashback: What the stars wore--and how we sized up their style
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': $123M opening weekend
- 'Jurassic World' teases Thanksgiving trailer: 3 nods to 'Jurassic Park'
- 'Hobbit' First Look: Billy Boyd music video for the 'Last Goodbye' closing theme
- Stephen Merchant answers burning Q's about 'Hello Ladies: The Movie' (including THAT cameo)
- 20 platonic movie/TV power couples
Top 5 Most Read
- See the exclusive music video for 'The Hobbit's 'Last Goodbye,' with Billy Boyd and goosebumps aplenty
- Bodies of Work: 49 Unforgettable Nude Scenes
- 'Saturday Night Live' recap: 'Cameron Diaz and Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars'
- Cameron Diaz hosts 'Saturday Night Live' this weekend -- talk about it here!
- Harry Potter's Hogwarts Alums: Ranking Achievements Three Years Later