Comedy Central confirms it will premiere the first of 12 new episodes of Futurama on June 24, at 10 p.m. ET. The network had acquired the rights to the 72 existing episodes of the former Fox series in June 2006, three years after it went off the air, and began airing them in January 2008. Viewer response, along with DVD sales, urged 20th Century Fox Television to resurrect the show on cable.
New episodes of 'Futurama' to debut in June
- 'Survivor' recap: John Rocker gets rocked
- Fall TV poll: First canceled show of 2014?
- 'Stalker' series premiere: Giving us the creeps
- 9 best animated TV series drawn from comics
- 'How to Get Away with Murder': Odds each of 10 suspects is a killer
- 'AHS: Freak Show' unveils creepy, stop-motion title sequence
- 'Once Upon a Time' sneak peek: Storybrooke's on thin ice with Elsa
- 'Top Chef Duels'; 'Red Band Society': Wednesday TV recaps
- 'The Walking Dead' star Emily Kinney says there's 'definitely a connection' between Beth and Daryl 504
- 'Go Big or Go Home' 357
- 'Find Your Muse' 289
- The 'Simpsons'/'Family Guy' crossover is one of the most fascinatingly weird things to ever happen to television 325
- 'Saturday Night Live' premiere recap: This is the start of something new (and odd) 251