Comedy Central confirms it will premiere the first of 12 new episodes of Futurama on June 24, at 10 p.m. ET. The network had acquired the rights to the 72 existing episodes of the former Fox series in June 2006, three years after it went off the air, and began airing them in January 2008. Viewer response, along with DVD sales, urged 20th Century Fox Television to resurrect the show on cable.
New episodes of 'Futurama' to debut in June
- 'Amazing Race': Phil Keoghan previews Malaysia
- '300' sequel is weekend's No. 1 movie: $45M
- Lena Dunham hosts 'SNL': 'Girls' night
- 'Cosmos': Past vs. present, toward a better future?
- Oscars: What it's like to go with Jennifer Lawrence
- '24: Live Another Day' teaser: Jack vs. assassin
- 'Walking Dead': Lauren Cohan on Maggie and Glenn
- 'True Detective': Fun fan sites
Top 5 Most Read
- Fox renews 'Mindy Project,' 'The Following,' more
- Jennifer Lawrence's best friend wrote a behind-the-scenes account of Oscars night
- 'SNL' recap: Lena Dunham is just a girl, standing in front of an audience, asking them to like her
- Stacy Keibler marries tech entrepreneur Jared Pobre
- Lena Dunham hosts 'Saturday Night Live' this weekend: Talk about it here!