Comedy Central confirms it will premiere the first of 12 new episodes of Futurama on June 24, at 10 p.m. ET. The network had acquired the rights to the 72 existing episodes of the former Fox series in June 2006, three years after it went off the air, and began airing them in January 2008. Viewer response, along with DVD sales, urged 20th Century Fox Television to resurrect the show on cable.
New episodes of 'Futurama' to debut in June
- 'St. Vincent' director's long road to Bill Murray: 'Can you meet me at LAX in an hour?'
- 'Big Brother' sneak peek: Zingbot needs a Kathy Griffin-tervention
- 'Simpsons' writers share 15 tips to survive your 12-day marathon session
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Kurt Sutter reveals how many club members will die
- The Clash album that never was: Curating members' post-breakup work for dream 'next record'
- EWwy Awards 2014 winners are...
- #DontKillSeanBean: 'Legends' star on his mastery of on-screen demise
- 'Sin City 2' featurette: Making the greenscreen scene
Top 5 Most Read
- Stephanie Jacobsen joins 'NCIS'... as a love interest for DiNozzo?
- Angelina Jolie on 'Unbroken': This story is 'a giant responsibility'
- David Letterman airs Robin Williams tribute
- 'Sons of Anarchy' gets official book -- and series finale air date
- Kurt Sutter reveals how many 'Sons of Anarchy' club members will die