Comedy Central confirms it will premiere the first of 12 new episodes of Futurama on June 24, at 10 p.m. ET. The network had acquired the rights to the 72 existing episodes of the former Fox series in June 2006, three years after it went off the air, and began airing them in January 2008. Viewer response, along with DVD sales, urged 20th Century Fox Television to resurrect the show on cable.
New episodes of 'Futurama' to debut in June
- Ryan Murphy reveals an 'American Horror Story' secret: Seasons 'are all connected'
- 'Bad Judge,' 'A to Z' to be canceled by NBC
- 'Interstellar' review: Awe-fully sappy
- Billy Bob Thornton's 'Big Bang Theory' cameo: How it happened
- Halloween 2014: EW's favorite celebrity costumes
- 'Scandal,' 'Walking Dead, 'Blacklist,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Clive Barker is back from the dead--and his 'Nightbreed' is reborn
- 13 movie creeps: Harmless to horrifying