Jim Carrey is now a grandfather, according to People. Jane Carrey, 22, and husband Alex Santana welcomed first child Jackson Riley Santana at 12:28 a.m. Friday, in L.A. Grandpa Jim tweeted the blessed event yesterday, posting a picture of Jackson and saying, “This is what 7lbs.11oz. of California dynomite [sic] looks like!” In July, he told People, “Jane is going to be a great mom.” Carrey’s spokeswoman tells EW.com the actor has no immediate plans to release a statement or do interviews, and that any future statements from him will be made via his Twitter account.
Feb 27 2010 01:58 PM ET
Jim Carrey becomes a grandfather at 47
- R.Pattz and K.Stew call it quits: People
- 'Star Trek' rules at box office: $70.6M
- 'SNL': All Stefon's 'N.Y.'s hottest clubs'
- 'Doctor Who' season end: Hi, my name is...
- 'Anchorman 2': Official teaser trailer
- 'SNL': Costumes of the year!
- Shonda Rhimes talks 'Grey's' finale
- 'Voice': Team Xtina or Team Shakira?