Winners of Fox’s American Idol have never failed to earn less than $1 million in the year after their seasons end. According to the New York Times, the show promises substantial financial rewards to winners regardless of how many records they sell. Last year’s winner, Kris Allen, has earned $650,000, an amount which reflects the minimum a winner would earn including performance fees and merchandising royalties, “as well as other opportunities.” Top 5 finalists are likely to earn $100,000 from the show, and Top 12 contestants are guaranteed several thousand dollars. The details emerged from copies of season 8 contracts filed under laws requiring court approval of entertainment-industry deals with minors Allison Iraheta and Jasmine Murray. Executives at 19 Entertainment declined to comment on the contracts.
- 'Celeb Apprentice': Mr. Trump has hired...
- Billboard Music Awards: 2013 winners are...
- R.Pattz and K.Stew call it quits: People
- Yahoo to buy Tumblr for $1.1B: Report
- 'Star Trek' rules at box office: $70.6M
- 'Star Trek': Ranking the TV series, movies
- 'SNL': All Stefon's 'N.Y.'s hottest clubs'
- 'Game of Thrones': Compatible couples?
- 'Survivor:' Jeff Probst talks Brenda vs. Dawn, the final challenge advantage, and new reunion show format 458
- All Cried Out 464
- A Whole New World 408
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': Let's talk about that ending (and Benedict Cumberbatch) 340
- EW.com's 4th Annual Season Finale Awards: Nominations wanted! 500