Sean Penn has been charged with battery and vandalism for an October attack on a photographer, the Los Angeles Times reports. The L.A. city attorney’s office is accusing the actor of kicking the paparazzo and breaking his camera during the altercation, footage of which is available on TMZ.com. The two-time Oscar winner faces up to 18 months in prison, if convicted. This isn’t the first time Penn has gotten into hot water for being too physical. He was given jail-time in 1987 when he punched an extra on the set of Colors.
Feb 19 2010 03:26 PM ET
Sean Penn charged with battery after kicking a photographer
- Fox reality boss Mike Darnell steps down
- Tom Cruise exits 'Man from U.N.C.L.E.'
- 'American Idol' mulling alums as judges?
- 'Hangover III,' 'F&F 6,' more EW reviews
- 'Fast & Furious' vs. 'Hangover' for No. 1
- Mariah Carey swears, dress slips on 'GMA'
- Amanda Bynes arrested in N.Y.
- CCH Pounder gets 'Sons of Anarchy' gig