Earlier this week, former Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin took offense at an episode of Family Guy, which depicted a woman with Down’s Syndrome who said her mother used to be the governor of Alaska. On her Facebook page, Palin called the storyline a “kick in the gut” because she thought it mocked her son, Trig, who has the same genetic condition. Now the voice actress who gave life to the role, a woman who has Down’s Syndrome herself, is speaking out. “I guess former Governor Palin does not have a sense of humor,” Andrea Fay Friedman, the 39-year-old actress who voiced the part of Ellen in Family Guy, told the New York Times. “I thought the line ‘I am the daughter of the former governor of Alaska’ was very funny. I think the word is ‘sarcasm.’” Added Friedman: “I was making fun of Sarah Palin, but not her son.”
Feb 19 2010 08:39 AM ET
'Family Guy' voice actress says Sarah Palin 'does not have a sense of humor'
- 'Star Trek' No. 1 on Friday: $22M
- KROQ Weenie Roast concert: Watch live
- 'SNL': All Stefon's 'N.Y.'s hottest clubs'
- 'American Idol': Lowest-rated finale ever
- 'Office' ratings surge for series finale
- 'Office' finale reaction: Yay or nay?
- 'Office': 15 best episodes
- Grand Canyon tightrope walk on TV in June