Betty White says she’d be thrilled to host Saturday Night Live, though she’s mystified by the online campaign to get her the coveted gig, People.com reports. “I don’t even know where that came from,” says the 88-year-old star, who’s recently been in the spotlight thanks to a memorable Super Bowl ad and a scene-stealing turn in The Proposal. “That just came out of left field. It’s ridiculous. I don’t think [SNL creator] Lorne Michaels even knows about it, so we won’t worry about it.”
Betty White responds to 'SNL' campaign
- Disney animated films: Best/worst
- 'The Flash' recap: 'Things You Can't Outrun'
- 'Gilmore Girls': Amy Sherman-Palladino on how the 'thousand yellow daisies' scene grew
- Marvel on cryptic crossover art: 'Stay Tuned!' So, let's theorize...
- 'Lassa Fever' to 'The Dreaming Death': 5 soap opera epidemics
- First canceled show of 2014? Why networks are slow to drop ax this year
- Ray Fisher: Meet DC's 'Cyborg'
- 'Walking Dead': How far will it have to go to keep shocking us?