Betty White says she’d be thrilled to host Saturday Night Live, though she’s mystified by the online campaign to get her the coveted gig, People.com reports. “I don’t even know where that came from,” says the 88-year-old star, who’s recently been in the spotlight thanks to a memorable Super Bowl ad and a scene-stealing turn in The Proposal. “That just came out of left field. It’s ridiculous. I don’t think [SNL creator] Lorne Michaels even knows about it, so we won’t worry about it.”
Betty White responds to 'SNL' campaign
- Gwen Stefani + 'The Voice'? Sound good to you?
- Clones! Doppelgangers! Twins! 23 movie/TV multiples
- 'Lost' series finale: Carlton Cuse looks back
- Record Store Day: Droolworthy discs
- George R.R. Martin: Wanna see a full-sized dragon?
- Natalie Dormer talks Margaery (and a little Cressida)
- 'Office' series finale: Handled with Carell
- 'Animal': Feast your eyes on horror poster/trailer
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Game of Thrones' Natalie Dormer teases what's next for Margaery
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- 'The Office' creator Greg Daniels reflects on finale: How they hid Steve Carell from NBC