Betty White says she’d be thrilled to host Saturday Night Live, though she’s mystified by the online campaign to get her the coveted gig, People.com reports. “I don’t even know where that came from,” says the 88-year-old star, who’s recently been in the spotlight thanks to a memorable Super Bowl ad and a scene-stealing turn in The Proposal. “That just came out of left field. It’s ridiculous. I don’t think [SNL creator] Lorne Michaels even knows about it, so we won’t worry about it.”
Betty White responds to 'SNL' campaign
- 'The Maze Runner' review: Something W.C.K.D. this way comes
- Janet Jackson's 'Rhythm Nation 1814' at 25: The blueprint for modern R&B's golden age
- Fall TV grid: What's on when, plus all the new show trailers
- 'Good Wife': 'There is a secret we're hiding about the first episode'
- 'Hawaii Five-0' boss answers Yes/No/Can't Say (or more) to your Twitter Q's
- 'Once Upon a Time' boss on 'Frozen' references: 'We want it to feel organic'
- 'Gotham' up, 'Selfie' down? Insiders predict fall TV rookie prospects
- 'Survivor': Jeff Probst shows off a challenge that may not make it to TV