Kevin Smith has been taking Southwest Airlines to task via his widely-read Twitter feed after the director was deemed a “safety risk” and asked to leave a Saturday flight. If he was too fat to fly, Smith wondered, “Why wait til my bag is up, and I’m seated…In front of a packed plane with a bunch of folks who’d already I.d.ed me as ‘Silent Bob.'” According to Southwest Airlines’ “customer of size” policy, passengers must buy a second seat if they cannot fit between the arm rests. “Hey @SouthwestAir!” wrote Smith, “Sometimes, the arm rests are up because THE PEOPLE SITTING THERE ALREADY PUT THEM UP; NOT BECAUSE THEY ‘CAN’T GO DOWN’.”
Kevin Smith deemed 'too fat' to fly Southwest
- 'Empire Strikes Back' live-read photos, including Mark Hamill as the Emperor
- Madonna releases six tracks from 2015 'Rebel Heart' album
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes
- 'Hannibal': Michael Pitt out, Joe Anderson in
- 'Amazing Race' season finale recap: And the winners are...
- Hallmark's holiday TV movies: Inside the concepts, casting, and scheduling
- Kevin Hart as Will Ferrell's prison-life coach in 'Get Hard' trailer
- Jeff Probst on the secret 'Survivor' ending you didn't see
Top 5 Most Read
- Michael Pitt exits 'Hannibal,' Joe Anderson to replace him
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes -- exclusive
- Mark Hamill as The Emperor! Rainn Wilson is Chewbacca! Photos from the Live-Read of 'The Empire Strikes Back'
- Kevin Hart teaches Will Ferrell to survive prison in 'Get Hard' trailer
- Jeff Probst reveals the secret 'Survivor' ending you didn't see...and it's the best thing ever