Kevin Smith has been taking Southwest Airlines to task via his widely-read Twitter feed after the director was deemed a “safety risk” and asked to leave a Saturday flight. If he was too fat to fly, Smith wondered, “Why wait til my bag is up, and I’m seated…In front of a packed plane with a bunch of folks who’d already I.d.ed me as ‘Silent Bob.’” According to Southwest Airlines’ “customer of size” policy, passengers must buy a second seat if they cannot fit between the arm rests. “Hey @SouthwestAir!” wrote Smith, “Sometimes, the arm rests are up because THE PEOPLE SITTING THERE ALREADY PUT THEM UP; NOT BECAUSE THEY ‘CAN’T GO DOWN’.”
Kevin Smith deemed 'too fat' to fly Southwest
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1' takes in $55M on Friday
- 'Hell on Wheels' star Anson Mount on sage advice from Jon Hamm, 'Snoop Dogg's Hood of Horror' hell
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': A movie, or just an extended prologue for the movie yet to come?
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': 7 biggest changes from page to screen
- 'Mockingjay': Hear Jennifer Lawrence sing 'The Hanging Tree'
- 'Hobbit' First Look: Billy Boyd music video for the 'Last Goodbye' closing theme
- Beyonce presents no-frills/no-pants video for new song '7/11'
- 'Homeland' casts Broadway star Victoria Clark in big surprise role
Top 5 Most Read
- See the exclusive music video for 'The Hobbit's 'Last Goodbye,' with Billy Boyd and goosebumps aplenty
- Natalie Dormer advocates for more male nudity on 'Game of Thrones'
- 'Mockingjay -- Part 1': The 7 biggest changes from page to screen
- Cher cancels rest of 'Dressed to Kill' tour dates due to infection
- Adam Pally to exit 'The Mindy Project'