Variety reports that Disney has hired The Proposal director Anne Fletcher and Stepmom writer Jessie Nelson to create a second installment of Enchanted, the studio’s $123 million-grossing 2007 hit about a magical princess (Amy Adams) who is banished to live in modern day Manhattan. Adams and co-stars Patrick Dempsey, James Marsden, and Susan Sarandon have yet to sign on to the project, which is tentatively slated for a 2011 release.
Feb 4 2010 05:50 AM ET
'Enchanted' sequel in preproduction
- 'Dancing With the Stars' champs are...
- CBS takes 2012-13 ratings crown from Fox
- 'Voice' dedicates song to tornado victims
- Justin Bieber booed: Will he listen?
- Bon Jovi to Bieber: Don't be late!
- 'Criminal Minds' season finale peek
- 'Buffy': 10th anniversary of series finale
- Microsoft debuts next-gen Xbox One