Avatar became the first film ever to gross more than $2 billion worldwide this weekend, Reuters reports. James Cameron’s sci-fi epic has currently brought in a whopping $2.039 billion around the world over seven weekends, easily beating the $1.843 billion worldwide that Cameron’s Titanic achieved in 1998. Avatar‘s domestic gross has also continued to grow, most recently reaching $594 million.
Feb 1 2010 05:55 AM ET
'Avatar' is the first $2 billion movie
- Ray Manzarek of the Doors dies at age 74
- 'DWTS': Moment of silence for Oklahoma
- 'X Factor': Kelly Rowland, Paulina Rubio in
- Jennifer Lawrence in 'X-Men': New photo
- John Barrowman: 'Sing Your Face Off' host
- 'Mike & Molly' tornado episode pulled
- 'SNL': A 'Lovely Day' ends an era
- Taylor Swift: About that unicorn tee...