Zelda Rubinstein, the 4-foot-3-inch actress who declared “This house is clean!” in Poltergeist, died at age 76 at 1:59 a.m today, according to her agent Eric Stevens. Rubinstein was most famous for playing the oddball psychic Tangina Barrons, but she also appeared in movies including Sixteen Candles, National Lampoon’s Last Resort, and Southland Tales, and was an AIDS activist long before it was considered fashionable, appearing in a series of AIDS-awareness advertisements.
Jan 27 2010 06:20 PM ET
'Poltergeist' actress Zelda Rubinstein dies at 76
- Oklahoma fund-raiser on NBC May 29
- Fox reality boss Mike Darnell steps down
- Stone Temple Pilots suit vs. Scott Weiland
- Tom Cruise exits 'Man from U.N.C.L.E.'
- 'Arrested Development': Ask the 'kids'
- 'American Idol' mulling alums as judges?
- Mariah Carey swears, dress slips on 'GMA'
- Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Trek' shower?!