The proposed merger between ticketing company Ticketmaster and concert promoter Live Nation won approval today from the U.S. Justice Department, according to Yahoo! News. The idea of the two music business giants uniting has been heavily criticized by Bruce Springsteen, among others. In February last year, the Boss wrote on his official blog that, “the one thing that would make the current ticket situation even worse for the fan than it is now would be Ticketmaster and Live Nation coming up with a single system, thereby returning us to a near monopoly situation in music ticketing.”
Jan 25 2010 06:10 PM ET
Justice Department approves merger of Ticketmaster and Live Nation
- James Gandolfini dies at age 51
- James Gandolfini 'a genius': David Chase
- James Gandolfini dies: Tributes on Twitter
- James Gandolfini: 15 classic 'Tony' lines
- 'Divergent' First Look: See new EW cover
- Kanye... or Lucille Bluth: Who said it?
- Kim, Kanye, and...what to name Baby 'K'?
- 'World War Z': EW movie review