Much in-the-news late-night host Jay Leno, who will take back over The Tonight Show from Conan O’Brien on March 1, is set to headline the annual White House Correspondents dinner in May, according to CNN. The organization says that Leno was booked for the gig before NBC announced his return to The Tonight Show. The dinner is an annual tradition during which the President gets a chance to joke around with press. Leno has headlined the dinner before — in 2004, 2000, and 1987.
Jan 22 2010 05:55 AM ET
Jay Leno to headline White House Correspondents dinner
- 'Idol': Candice Glover album out July 16
- 'Criminal Minds' season finale peek
- Kardashians, the Wanted on E!: New clips
- Billy Crystal comedy in works at FX
- 'Bad Teacher' going to series at CBS
- 'DWTS': Kellie and Derek win season 16
- Kellie Pickler: 'I want to hug this room'
- 'DWTS' finale ratings dive in 18-49 demo