TNT has given the greenlight to three new original series, the network announced Thursday. The three pick-ups are an untitled alien-invasion show from executive producer Steven Spielberg, in which Noah Wyle stars as the leader of a group of soldiers and civilians struggling against an occupying alien force; Delta Blues, produced by George Clooney and starring Jason Lee as a Memphis police officer who lives with his mother; and Rizzoli & Isles, a crime drama starring Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander. TNT has ordered 10 episodes of each show, with plans to have Delta Blues and Rizzoli & Isles premiere this year. Spielberg’s alien-invasion series is scheduled to debut in 2011.
TNT picks up three new series, including Spielberg's alien-invasion show
- Fox yanks 'Utopia' from Tuesday schedule
- Fall TV poll: First canceled show of 2014?
- Maleficent admirers pay tribute on 'Sleeping Beauty' Blu-ray: Sneak peek
- 'AHS: Freak Show' unveils creepy, stop-motion title sequence
- Sarah Silverman's 'SNL' promos: Who's ready for a 'Table Girl' sketch?
- 'Parenthood' sneak peek: Julia and Joel 'have to talk about us'
- J.K. Simmons toys with Miles Teller in 'Whiplash' scene
- 'Interstellar' trailer takes Matthew McConaughey and Anne Hathaway to a waterworld
Top 5 Most Read
- On the Books: Harry Potter collector sets Guinness World Record
- 'Sons of Anarchy' guest star Walton Goggins on that Venus-Tig moment
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Kurt Sutter, cast talk 'Poor Little Lambs' ending
- 'Twilight Saga' returning with five short films on Facebook
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: 'Poor Little Lambs'