TNT has given the greenlight to three new original series, the network announced Thursday. The three pick-ups are an untitled alien-invasion show from executive producer Steven Spielberg, in which Noah Wyle stars as the leader of a group of soldiers and civilians struggling against an occupying alien force; Delta Blues, produced by George Clooney and starring Jason Lee as a Memphis police officer who lives with his mother; and Rizzoli & Isles, a crime drama starring Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander. TNT has ordered 10 episodes of each show, with plans to have Delta Blues and Rizzoli & Isles premiere this year. Spielberg’s alien-invasion series is scheduled to debut in 2011.
TNT picks up three new series, including Spielberg's alien-invasion show
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes
- 'Colbert Report' swan song as graceful as it gets
- Jeff Probst reveals the secret 'Survivor' ending you didn't see
- 'White Collar': Perfect 'Au Revoir' to our favorite con artist?
- Stephen Colbert's 6 most awkward in-character interviews
- 'Suits' promo reveals Louis' next move
- People Magazine Awards: 5 best moments
- 'Game of Thrones' refashions Arya's look
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Colbert Report' wraps up with an immortal, star-studded finale
- Louis' next move revealed in 'Suits' promo -- exclusive
- 'People' names Kate Upton 'Sexiest Woman Alive'
- 'The Walking Dead' star Andrew Lincoln talks 'cruel' twist and reveals the true meaning behind the 'shut…
- 'White Collar' series finale: The perfect goodbye to our favorite con artist