TNT has given the greenlight to three new original series, the network announced Thursday. The three pick-ups are an untitled alien-invasion show from executive producer Steven Spielberg, in which Noah Wyle stars as the leader of a group of soldiers and civilians struggling against an occupying alien force; Delta Blues, produced by George Clooney and starring Jason Lee as a Memphis police officer who lives with his mother; and Rizzoli & Isles, a crime drama starring Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander. TNT has ordered 10 episodes of each show, with plans to have Delta Blues and Rizzoli & Isles premiere this year. Spielberg’s alien-invasion series is scheduled to debut in 2011.
TNT picks up three new series, including Spielberg's alien-invasion show
- Paul Rudd + 1D visit 'SNL': EW preview
- Miley Cyrus at Jingle Ball: Santa's twerk shop
- Rebecca Black's back: This time, it's 'Saturday'
- Peter Jackson 'Smaug' alert! Dragon = Lecter
- Grammy nominations: 9 snubs/surprises
- 'HIMYM,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'Sound of Music': Movie's Von Trapp kids say...
- 'Sound of Music': Laura Benanti on big night
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Low Winter Sun' canceled by AMC
- 'Family Guy': What's next for Brian
- Grammy nomination snubs and surprises: Justin Timberlake, Sara Bareilles, Lorde and more
- Grammy Nominations 2014: See the list of nominees
- 'Sleepy Hollow,' 'How I Met Your Mother,' 'Revolution,' 'Supernatural': Find out what's next in the Spoiler Room