TNT has given the greenlight to three new original series, the network announced Thursday. The three pick-ups are an untitled alien-invasion show from executive producer Steven Spielberg, in which Noah Wyle stars as the leader of a group of soldiers and civilians struggling against an occupying alien force; Delta Blues, produced by George Clooney and starring Jason Lee as a Memphis police officer who lives with his mother; and Rizzoli & Isles, a crime drama starring Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander. TNT has ordered 10 episodes of each show, with plans to have Delta Blues and Rizzoli & Isles premiere this year. Spielberg’s alien-invasion series is scheduled to debut in 2011.
TNT picks up three new series, including Spielberg's alien-invasion show
- 'Survivor': Ex-MLB pitcher John Rocker and girlfriend to play
- 'Pretty Little Liars'; 'Bachelor in Paradise' recaps
- 'Sons of Anarchy' shares new, appropriately unsettling photos and portraits
- Emmys 2014: How it made a big year for TV feel small
- Chris Harrison on 'Bachelor in Paradise' episode 5 arrivals and departures
- Kristin Bauer van Straten returning to 'Once Upon a Time' as Maleficent
- 'Simpsons' marathon guide: 11 great episodes from season 13 and later
- Homer Simpson takes the Ice Bucket Challenge
Top 5 Most Read
- New 'Sons of Anarchy' photos are appropriately unsettling
- 'Pretty Little Liars' season finale recap: 'Taking This One to the Grave'
- 'True Blood' star Kristin Bauer van Straten returning to 'Once Upon a Time' for major arc
- Watch Sara Bareilles sing 'Smile' for the Emmys' In Memoriam segment
- The 55 Essential Movies Kids Must Experience (Before They Turn 13)