TNT has given the greenlight to three new original series, the network announced Thursday. The three pick-ups are an untitled alien-invasion show from executive producer Steven Spielberg, in which Noah Wyle stars as the leader of a group of soldiers and civilians struggling against an occupying alien force; Delta Blues, produced by George Clooney and starring Jason Lee as a Memphis police officer who lives with his mother; and Rizzoli & Isles, a crime drama starring Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander. TNT has ordered 10 episodes of each show, with plans to have Delta Blues and Rizzoli & Isles premiere this year. Spielberg’s alien-invasion series is scheduled to debut in 2011.
TNT picks up three new series, including Spielberg's alien-invasion show
- 'Doctor Who': Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman EW portraits
- Jenny Slate booked for 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' season premiere
- 'Interstellar': Comic-Con trailer lands online
- 'Divergent' disturbing deleted scene: Get an eyeful
- Daniel Radcliffe: How Spider-Man let him be a fly on the wall in S.D.
- 'Peter Pan': Let's make it a full-on 'Girls' night out
- 'Walking Dead': Andrew Lincoln on Rick juggling brutality/humanity
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits
Top 5 Most Read
- 'The Walking Dead' cast and producers promise that 'every single thing in the first episode is a spoiler'
- Allison Williams to play Peter Pan in NBC's 'Peter Pan Live'
- TV Land orders Jim Gaffigan's CBS sitcom pilot to series
- What does an episode of 'Friends' look like without any jokes?
- PopWatch Confessional: I tried to play 'New Girl's fake drinking game