D.J. Caruso will direct I Am Number Four, an adaptation of the young-adult science fiction novel by James Frey and Joby Hughes, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The story centers around a group of aliens who, after their planet is destroyed by their rivals, hide on earth and hunt for the film’s title character who disguises himself as a high school student. HarperCollins Children’s Books is publishing the book, which will become part of a six-novel series starting this fall. Smallville creators Al Gough and Miles Millar penned the screenplay and Michael Bay has signed on to produce.
D.J. Caruso to direct film of James Frey's 'I Am Number Four'
- 'Agents of SHIELD': 'The Only Light in the Darkness'
- Stephen Colbert visits 'Late Show': Watch a clip
- 'Fargo' recap: 'The Rooster Prince'
- 'Supernatural' spin-off: First trailer
- Neil Patrick Harris on B'way in 'Hedwig': EW review
- 'Mindy Project' recap: An officer and a gynecologist
- 'Voice' recap: And then there were 10
- 'Faking It' series premiere: MTV's faux lesbians
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Friends' creators Marta Kauffman and David Crane look back at the finale -- and why they won't do a reunion show
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'I feel like I'm just now starting to learn how to write it' -- LISTEN
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show'
- 'Fast & Furious 7': Vin Diesel posts photo with Paul Walker's brothers
- Courteney Cox shuts down talk of 'Friends' reunion on 'Letterman' -- VIDEO