Conan O’Brien is nearing a deal to split with NBC’s Tonight Show for a $40 million payout, according to The Wall Street Journal. The deal would end the ugly dustup that has ensued since the network announced plans to move Jay Leno back into the 11:35 p.m. timeslot after his prime-time berth tanked in the ratings. O’Brien’s deal would reportedly bar him from (further) disparaging the network, but would allow him to land somewhere else in less than a year — instead of making him sit out the remaining two-plus years on his contract.
Report: Conan getting $40 million to walk from NBC
- '300' sequel is weekend's No. 1 movie: $45M
- Lena Dunham hosts 'SNL': 'Girls' night
- Lana Parrilla previews 'Once Upon a Time'
- Oscars: What it's like to go with Jennifer Lawrence
- 'Amazing Race': Phil Keoghan previews Malaysia
- 'Bachelor': Juan Pablo, we've seen this move before...
- 'Cosmos': Past vs. present, toward a better future?
- '24: Live Another Day' teaser: Jack vs. assassin
Top 5 Most Read
- Fox renews 'Mindy Project,' 'The Following,' more
- 'SNL' recap: Lena Dunham is just a girl, standing in front of an audience, asking them to like her
- Jennifer Lawrence's best friend wrote a behind-the-scenes account of Oscars night
- Stacy Keibler marries tech entrepreneur Jared Pobre
- Lena Dunham hosts 'Saturday Night Live' this weekend: Talk about it here!