Conan O’Brien is nearing a deal to split with NBC’s Tonight Show for a $40 million payout, according to The Wall Street Journal. The deal would end the ugly dustup that has ensued since the network announced plans to move Jay Leno back into the 11:35 p.m. timeslot after his prime-time berth tanked in the ratings. O’Brien’s deal would reportedly bar him from (further) disparaging the network, but would allow him to land somewhere else in less than a year — instead of making him sit out the remaining two-plus years on his contract.
Report: Conan getting $40 million to walk from NBC
- 'Frozen' is weekend's No. 1 movie: $31.6M
- 'SNL' recap: 'Anchorman 2' and the boys
- 'Amazing Race' preview: Phil Keoghan's photos
- 'Bonnie & Clyde': Nico Vega goes 'Bang Bang'
- 10 best TV shows of '13: Melissa Maerz's picks
- 10 best TV shows of '13: Doc Jensen's picks
- 10 best movies of '13: Chris Nashawaty picks...
- 10 best movies of '13: Owen Gleiberman picks...
Top 5 Most Read
- Paul Rudd and One Direction take on 'Saturday Night Live': Talk about it here!
- 'SNL' recap: Paul Rudd brings a parade of surprise guest stars -- VIDEO
- 10 Best TV Shows of '13: Melissa Maerz's Picks
- Disney's 'Frozen' soundtrack: Ranking all nine original songs
- 10 Best TV Shows of '13: Doc Jensen's Picks