Conan O’Brien is nearing a deal to split with NBC’s Tonight Show for a $40 million payout, according to The Wall Street Journal. The deal would end the ugly dustup that has ensued since the network announced plans to move Jay Leno back into the 11:35 p.m. timeslot after his prime-time berth tanked in the ratings. O’Brien’s deal would reportedly bar him from (further) disparaging the network, but would allow him to land somewhere else in less than a year — instead of making him sit out the remaining two-plus years on his contract.
Jan 19 2010 09:12 AM ET
Report: Conan getting $40 million to walk from NBC
- 'Star Wars': New animation in fall '14
- 'SNL': New clue Jason Sudeikis to exit?
- 'Celeb Apprentice': Mr. Trump has hired...
- Justin Bieber booed at Billboard Awards
- Billboard Music Awards winners are...
- TV upfronts: Best/worst decisions
- 'Star Trek' rules at box office: $70.6M
- 'Star Trek': Ranking the TV series, movies
- 'Survivor:' Jeff Probst talks Brenda vs. Dawn, the final challenge advantage, and new reunion show format 458
- All Cried Out 464
- A Whole New World 411
- EW.com's 4th Annual Season Finale Awards: Nominations wanted! 550
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': Let's talk about that ending (and Benedict Cumberbatch) 374