Conan O’Brien is nearing a deal to split with NBC’s Tonight Show for a $40 million payout, according to The Wall Street Journal. The deal would end the ugly dustup that has ensued since the network announced plans to move Jay Leno back into the 11:35 p.m. timeslot after his prime-time berth tanked in the ratings. O’Brien’s deal would reportedly bar him from (further) disparaging the network, but would allow him to land somewhere else in less than a year — instead of making him sit out the remaining two-plus years on his contract.
Report: Conan getting $40 million to walk from NBC
- Emmys 2014: Who will win...and who should
- 'Big Brother'; 'Project Runway': TV recaps
- 'Parks and Rec' gag reel: Don't miss your chance to see Ron Swanson dance
- 'St. Vincent' director's long road to Bill Murray: 'Can you meet me at LAX in an hour?'
- 'Criminal Minds' plans tribute to Meshach Taylor
- Jonathan Lipnicki, a.k.a. the 'Jerry Maguire' kid, has some fun in 'You Used To Be Cute'
- 13 tell-tale signs it's from Frank Miller
- 'Simpsons' writers share 15 tips to survive your 12-day marathon session
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Dating Naked' cast member sues after VH1 showed her naked
- 'Spider-Woman #1' has a special variant cover that is causing some controversy for some reason
- 'Mythbusters' reveal Comic-Con costume, show how to make Indiana Jones' bullwhip
- 'Dating Naked' trailer: And you thought Tinder was brutal (NSFW)
- Former child star Jonathan Lipnicki is all grown up in 'You Used To Be Cute'