Conan O’Brien is nearing a deal to split with NBC’s Tonight Show for a $40 million payout, according to The Wall Street Journal. The deal would end the ugly dustup that has ensued since the network announced plans to move Jay Leno back into the 11:35 p.m. timeslot after his prime-time berth tanked in the ratings. O’Brien’s deal would reportedly bar him from (further) disparaging the network, but would allow him to land somewhere else in less than a year — instead of making him sit out the remaining two-plus years on his contract.
Report: Conan getting $40 million to walk from NBC
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': How big at the box office?
- Chris Pratt: 'Parks and Rec' will get ending it deserves (dinosaurs?)
- 'Top Model' First Look: Pretty and twisted
- Jon Stewart on 'Rosewater': 'a love letter to expression'
- 'Big Brother' eviction: 3 Q's for Julie Chen
- TV recaps: 'Project Runway,' 'Big Brother'
- 'The Killing': Binging? Read our recaps of episodes 1-5
- Comic-Con: Why Team 'Twilight' made it better
- STAHP in the name of love 967
- DON'T PUBLISH See FIVE minutes of the 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover episode -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO 596
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams and other directors are working to save movie film 478
- Enough, already: Why I'm quitting 'The Leftovers' 460
- Box office report: 'Lucy' slays 'Hercules' with $44 million debut 285
Top 5 Most Read
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams, and other directors are trying to save Kodak
- Dick Smith, makeup artist of 'The Godfather,' 'The Exorcist': A tribute
- Box office preview: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' aims for a cosmic debut
- Entertainment Geekly: Or maybe 'Twilight' was the best thing to happen to Comic-Con
- 'Big Brother' recap: Tell me about the rabbits, Caleb