Conan O’Brien is nearing a deal to split with NBC’s Tonight Show for a $40 million payout, according to The Wall Street Journal. The deal would end the ugly dustup that has ensued since the network announced plans to move Jay Leno back into the 11:35 p.m. timeslot after his prime-time berth tanked in the ratings. O’Brien’s deal would reportedly bar him from (further) disparaging the network, but would allow him to land somewhere else in less than a year — instead of making him sit out the remaining two-plus years on his contract.
Report: Conan getting $40 million to walk from NBC
- Joe Cocker, veteran rock singer, dies at 70
- Michael C. Hall sings 'Angry Inch' from 'Hedwig' at NYC club
- 25 most memorable pop culture moments of 2014
- Bruce Campbell talks 'Evil Dead' TV, and Ash as a 'crabby middle-aged man...the ultimate anti-hero'
- George Clooney, a.k.a., Lord Hollywood, visits 'Downton Abbey'; watch Xmas short
- 'Homeland' season finale recap: 'Long Time Coming'
- 'Homeland' season 4 finale 'one of the show's most beautiful episodes,' says Showtime boss
- Stephen Colbert, not 'Stephen Colbert': 7 clips of the man untethered from his TV persona