As earlier reported in the Ausiello Files, Showtime, whose fourth and final season of the bodice-ripper The Tudors will premiere this spring, announced plans for a new historical drama. In his first regular TV series role, Oscar winner Jeremy Irons will play Rodrigo Borgia, the head of a prominent Italian Renaissance family accused of every possible dastardly crime. Neil Jordan (The Crying Game) will direct. The network plans a spring 2011 premiere.
Showtime plans Jeremy Irons period drama 'The Borgias'
- 'SNL' with Amy Adams and One Direction is on: Talk about it
- Craig Ferguson signs off 'Late Late Show' with an all-star 'Drum' corps--and a dream
- 20 top Xmas movies ever
- 'Game of Thrones': 7 great gift ideas
- 'Big Bang Theory': 15 solutions if you're shopping for a fan
- 'Mad Men': 20 gift ideas for dapper Dons (or Bettys)
- 'Girls' fans (and their guys) will love these 13 gift ideas
- 'Empire Strikes Back' live-read photos, including Mark Hamill as the Emperor
Top 5 Most Read
- Michael Pitt exits 'Hannibal,' Joe Anderson to replace him
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes -- exclusive
- Kevin Hart teaches Will Ferrell to survive prison in 'Get Hard' trailer
- Mark Hamill as The Emperor! Rainn Wilson is Chewbacca! Photos from the Live-Read of 'The Empire Strikes Back'
- Jeff Probst reveals the secret 'Survivor' ending you didn't see...and it's the best thing ever