As earlier reported in the Ausiello Files, Showtime, whose fourth and final season of the bodice-ripper The Tudors will premiere this spring, announced plans for a new historical drama. In his first regular TV series role, Oscar winner Jeremy Irons will play Rodrigo Borgia, the head of a prominent Italian Renaissance family accused of every possible dastardly crime. Neil Jordan (The Crying Game) will direct. The network plans a spring 2011 premiere.
Showtime plans Jeremy Irons period drama 'The Borgias'
- 'Into the Woods' First Look: New photos, concept art, and inside dish
- 'Game of Thrones' season 5: 7 rumors debunked
- Disney animated films: Best/worst
- J.Lo in Vegas? 5 lessons Britney Spears taught us
- HBO comedy 'Togetherness' heads for the beach in First Look photo
- Meet Julie Meyer on new episode of EW's 'Polished': Actress gets Zen about the Hollywood grind
- Stephen Amell and Co. preview 'Arrow': Will Oliver find out about Thea-Malcolm partnership?
- 'Agents of SHIELD' First Look: Adrianne Palicki as Mockingbird