The media blitz is working. MTV’s controversial series Jersey Shore posted its best ratings to date on Jan. 7. The reality show attracted over 3.2 million viewers, a series high, and was Thursday’s No. 1 cable telecast among persons 12-34. The show is up more than 200 percent versus last week’s telecast and is also up 68% percent versus its season-to-date average in the young demographic. The show, which critics contend builds on negative stereotypes and bad behavior, follows a group of people renting a beach house at the Jersey Shore.
MTV's 'Jersey Shore' posts record ratings
- 'SNL' preview: Third time's the charm for Jim Carrey?
- 'Doctor Who'; 'Amazing Race'; 'Constantine'; more TV recaps
- Kids and coots: Movies' unlikeliest buddies?
- Bill Murray: 11 personas he's perfected
- 37 'sexy' Halloween costumes?
- 'Blacklist' cues up Cloud Cult, more of the week's best music on TV
- Regina Spektor's 'Love Me or Leave Me' from 'Boardwalk Empire': Hear it
- Monica Potter describes her perfect 'Parenthood' ending