The media blitz is working. MTV’s controversial series Jersey Shore posted its best ratings to date on Jan. 7. The reality show attracted over 3.2 million viewers, a series high, and was Thursday’s No. 1 cable telecast among persons 12-34. The show is up more than 200 percent versus last week’s telecast and is also up 68% percent versus its season-to-date average in the young demographic. The show, which critics contend builds on negative stereotypes and bad behavior, follows a group of people renting a beach house at the Jersey Shore.
Jan 8 2010 06:29 PM ET
MTV's 'Jersey Shore' posts record ratings
- 'Wolverine'/Summer Must List: EW cover
- 'X-Men': Evan Peters in as Quiksilver
- Apolo Anton Ohno on 'Minute to Win It': Clip
- 'SNL': Best host of 2012-13? YOU say it's...
- Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Trek' shower?!
- 'Hangover III,' 'F&F 6,' more EW reviews
- 'Nebraska'; Palme d'Or prediction: Cannes
- Google Doodle: Teen's 'Best Day Ever'