The media blitz is working. MTV’s controversial series Jersey Shore posted its best ratings to date on Jan. 7. The reality show attracted over 3.2 million viewers, a series high, and was Thursday’s No. 1 cable telecast among persons 12-34. The show is up more than 200 percent versus last week’s telecast and is also up 68% percent versus its season-to-date average in the young demographic. The show, which critics contend builds on negative stereotypes and bad behavior, follows a group of people renting a beach house at the Jersey Shore.
MTV's 'Jersey Shore' posts record ratings
- 'Sons of Anarchy' recap: 'Toil and Till'
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Tommy Flanagan, Theo Rossi talk 'Toil and Till'
- Fall TV 2014: EW critics pick 6 new series to watch
- 'Mindy Project'; 'New Girl'; 'Big Brother'; 'Dancing With the Stars': Tuesday TV recaps
- C-3PO's 'Star Wars' past, present, and future: A deep-dive Q&A with Anthony Daniels
- Fantastic Fest 2014: 22 wonderfully weird films in Austin
- 'Breaking Bad': 'Ozymandias' writer and director look back at milestone episode
- 'Revenge' season 4 trailer: 'Emily Thorne, I'm coming for you'
- Famed James Bond villain Richard Kiel dies at 74 539
- Discovery to strand Democrat and Republican senators on deserted island 481
- The glimmering crocodile tears of Princess Victoria, First of Her Name 475
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks 375
- Don't text and dance with a feather boa on 274
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Breaking Bad,' 1 year later: Emmy-winning team tells 'Ozymandias' secrets
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- Tom Hiddleston to star in King-Kong spin-off, 'Skull Island'
- 'Revenge' first look: Watch the trailer for season 4
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: No second chance for a second dance