The media blitz is working. MTV’s controversial series Jersey Shore posted its best ratings to date on Jan. 7. The reality show attracted over 3.2 million viewers, a series high, and was Thursday’s No. 1 cable telecast among persons 12-34. The show is up more than 200 percent versus last week’s telecast and is also up 68% percent versus its season-to-date average in the young demographic. The show, which critics contend builds on negative stereotypes and bad behavior, follows a group of people renting a beach house at the Jersey Shore.
MTV's 'Jersey Shore' posts record ratings
- 'Walking Dead' recap: 'Strangers'
- 'Once Upon a Time'; 'Revenge'; 'The Affair'; 'Homeland'; more TV recaps
- 'Good Wife'; 'Boardwalk Empire'; 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'; more TV recaps
- Walking Dead': Steven Yeun talks Glenn, Maggie, Tara, and Terminus
- 'Walking Dead': Michael Cudlitz on Abraham's big push to get to D.C.
- 'Family Guy': Cookies, cough syrup, and Connie Britton in 'Baking Bad'
- 'The Simpsons': 25 best 'Treehouse of Horror' segments
- 'Manhattan' season finale: Series boss Sam Shaw answers burning Q's