The media blitz is working. MTV’s controversial series Jersey Shore posted its best ratings to date on Jan. 7. The reality show attracted over 3.2 million viewers, a series high, and was Thursday’s No. 1 cable telecast among persons 12-34. The show is up more than 200 percent versus last week’s telecast and is also up 68% percent versus its season-to-date average in the young demographic. The show, which critics contend builds on negative stereotypes and bad behavior, follows a group of people renting a beach house at the Jersey Shore.
MTV's 'Jersey Shore' posts record ratings
- 'Castle' goes '70s: Foxy Lanie!
- 'Friday Night Lights': Going out on top
- 'Southland' movie? Here's what we'd want to see
- Natalie Dormer talks Margaery (and a little Cressida)
- 'Transcendence': EW movie review
- 'Heaven Is for Real': EW movie review
- 'Orphan Black': Creators' secrets from the set
- 'Scandal' recap: 'The Price of Free and Fair Elections'
Top 5 Most Read
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like
- 'Parks and Recreation' finale: 'Workaholics' star Blake Anderson to guest -- EXCLUSIVE
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes
- 'Scandal' season finale recap: 'I'm the Scandal'
- Lindsay Lohan says 'sex list' is real, but there's an unfortunate reason…