The media blitz is working. MTV’s controversial series Jersey Shore posted its best ratings to date on Jan. 7. The reality show attracted over 3.2 million viewers, a series high, and was Thursday’s No. 1 cable telecast among persons 12-34. The show is up more than 200 percent versus last week’s telecast and is also up 68% percent versus its season-to-date average in the young demographic. The show, which critics contend builds on negative stereotypes and bad behavior, follows a group of people renting a beach house at the Jersey Shore.
MTV's 'Jersey Shore' posts record ratings
- Emmys 2014: Who will win...and who should
- 25 greatest TV spies ever
- 'St. Vincent' director's long road to Bill Murray: 'Can you meet me at LAX in an hour?'
- 'Saved By the Bell': Remembering when it was 'Bliss'
- MTV VMAs' most buzzed-about moments (non-performance division)
- 'Simpsons' writers share 15 tips to survive your 12-day marathon session
- 'Big Brother'; 'So You Think You Can Dance'; 'Top Chef Duels': TV recaps
- 'Suits' boss talks what's next for Louis and Co. after 'This Is Rome'
Top 5 Most Read
- Zen and the art of casting Bill Murray in your movie
- 'Simpsons' writers explain how to survive FXX's 552-episode marathon
- 'Suits' postmortem: Creator Aaron Korsh talks Louis' showdown
- Kurt Sutter reveals how many 'Sons of Anarchy' club members will die
- 'Big Brother' recap: Betrayed, Betrayed, Betrayed