FX has struck a deal for basic cable rights to James Cameron’s Avatar, Variety reports. Terms of the deal weren’t disclosed but Variety reports that FX paid an estimated $25-$30 million. Avatar can start airing on FX around the middle of 2012. HBO has the pay cable rights to air it before basic cable.
Jan 8 2010 04:00 AM ET
FX gets basic cable rights to 'Avatar'
- 'Fast & Furious' vs. 'Hangover' for No. 1
- 'Simpsons': Visit Springfield (in Orlando)
- CBS: Full trailers for new fall shows
- Mary J. Blige faces $3.4M federal tax lien
- 'Intervention' canceled by A&E
- Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Trek' shower?!
- 'SNL': Best host of 2012-13? YOU say it's...
- 'X-Men': Evan Peters in as Quiksilver