Artie Lange has been released from Jersey Center Medical Center, where he underwent surgery last Saturday after his mother found him in his Hoboken, NJ apartment with nine stab wounds to his abdominal area from a 13-inch Wolfgang Puck kitchen knife, police confirm. “At this point, we’ve deemed it to be self-inflicted and attempted suicide,” Hoboken Det. Lt. Mark Competello tells EW. “There’s no criminal investigation.”
Jan 8 2010 02:10 PM ET
Artie Lange released from hospital after suicide attempt
- 'Star Trek' No. 1 on Friday: $22M
- 'SNL': All Stefon's 'N.Y.'s hottest clubs'
- Seth Meyers on 'SNL' transition: 'Today'
- Shonda Rhimes talks 'Grey's' finale
- 'Voice': Team Xtina or Team Shakira?
- 'Warehouse 13' canceled by Syfy
- 'Office' finale reaction: Yay or nay?
- Kanye video projected onto 66 buildings