Roman Polanski has asked to be sentenced in absentia for charges relating to a 1977 incident in which he had sex with a 13-year-old girl, according to The LA Times. Polanski is currently under house arrest at his chalet in the Swiss town of Gstaad. The judge in the case is expected to rule on the request on Jan. 22.
Jan 6 2010 09:44 PM ET
Roman Polanski asks to be sentenced in absentia
- Ray Manzarek of the Doors dies at age 74
- 'DWTS': Moment of silence for Oklahoma
- 'X Factor': Kelly Rowland, Paulina Rubio in
- John Barrowman: 'Sing Your Face Off' host
- 'Mike & Molly' tornado episode pulled
- Jennifer Lawrence in 'X-Men': New photo
- 'SNL': A 'Lovely Day' ends an era
- Taylor Swift: About that unicorn tee...