In the wake of Charlie Sheen’s Dec. 25 arrest for domestic abuse charges, Hanes has pulled its commercials that featured the actor alongside Michael Jordan, reports People. A Hanesbrands spokesman told the magazine that the company suspended the Sheen ads for its Comfortsoft undershirts on Dec. 28; some of the spots did air from Dec. 25-27 because Hanesbrands could not get in touch with the networks over the holiday weekend. Sheen’s year-long contract with Hanes ends in the mid-2010. The spokesman says that a print ad with Sheen will be seen this spring in some trade publications, as it could not be changed before going to press. Sheen is currently shooting his hit CBS comedy Two and a Half Men.
Jan 6 2010 06:09 PM ET
Hanes pulls commercials featuring Charlie Sheen
- 'Fast & Furious' vs. 'Hangover' for No. 1
- 'Simpsons': Visit Springfield (in Orlando)
- CBS: Full trailers for new fall shows
- Mary J. Blige faces $3.4M federal tax lien
- 'Intervention' canceled by A&E
- Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Trek' shower?!
- 'SNL': Best host of 2012-13? YOU say it's...
- 'X-Men': Evan Peters in as Quiksilver