In the wake of Charlie Sheen’s Dec. 25 arrest for domestic abuse charges, Hanes has pulled its commercials that featured the actor alongside Michael Jordan, reports People. A Hanesbrands spokesman told the magazine that the company suspended the Sheen ads for its Comfortsoft undershirts on Dec. 28; some of the spots did air from Dec. 25-27 because Hanesbrands could not get in touch with the networks over the holiday weekend. Sheen’s year-long contract with Hanes ends in the mid-2010. The spokesman says that a print ad with Sheen will be seen this spring in some trade publications, as it could not be changed before going to press. Sheen is currently shooting his hit CBS comedy Two and a Half Men.
Jan 6 2010 06:09 PM ET
Hanes pulls commercials featuring Charlie Sheen
- Oklahoma fund-raiser on NBC May 29
- Fox reality boss Mike Darnell steps down
- Tom Cruise exits 'Man from U.N.C.L.E.'
- 'American Idol' mulling alums as judges?
- 'Hangover III,' 'F&F 6,' more EW reviews
- 'Fast & Furious' vs. 'Hangover' for No. 1
- Mariah Carey swears, dress slips on 'GMA'
- Amanda Bynes arrested in N.Y.