Singer Chris Cornell, former frontman of the ’90s Seattle grunge band Soundgarden, confirmed via Twitter that the band is getting back together. “The 12 year break is over & school is back in session,” Cornell tweeted. “Sign up now. Knights of the Soundtable ride again!” Cornell provided a link to a new web site, Soundgarden World, which enables fans to sign up for further updates on the band’s reunion. Soundgarden split up in 1997 and Cornell went on to release three solo albums, but in recent years he and other former band mates had hinted at the possibility of an eventual reunion.
Jan 2 2010 02:32 PM ET
Chris Cornell confirms Soundgarden reunion
- 'Celeb Apprentice': Mr. Trump has hired...
- Billboard Music Awards: 2013 winners are...
- R.Pattz and K.Stew call it quits: People
- Yahoo to buy Tumblr for $1.1B: Report
- 'Star Trek' rules at box office: $70.6M
- 'Star Trek': Ranking the TV series, movies
- 'SNL': All Stefon's 'N.Y.'s hottest clubs'
- 'Game of Thrones': Compatible couples?
- 'Survivor:' Jeff Probst talks Brenda vs. Dawn, the final challenge advantage, and new reunion show format 458
- All Cried Out 464
- A Whole New World 408
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': Let's talk about that ending (and Benedict Cumberbatch) 340
- EW.com's 4th Annual Season Finale Awards: Nominations wanted! 500