While appearing on Good Morning America on Dec. 30 to promote New Years Rockin’ Eve, Ryan Seacrest was asked by a reporter about the rumors that judge Simon Cowell will leave American Idol after this season. ”As far as I know, those are just rumors,” Seacreast answered. “He has not told me anything about leaving the show.” The Idol host did acknowledge Cowell hopes to bring his successful Idol-like U.K. series The X Factor to the U.S., but then he went on to plug the upcoming Idol season premiere on Jan. 12 with Cowell and new judge Ellen DeGeneres. “As of right now,” Seacrest concluded, “[Simon] is on American Idol.”
- 'Star Wars': New animation in fall '14
- 'SNL': New clue Jason Sudeikis to exit?
- 'Celeb Apprentice': Mr. Trump has hired...
- Justin Bieber booed at Billboard Awards
- Billboard Music Awards winners are...
- TV upfronts: Best/worst decisions
- 'Star Trek' rules at box office: $70.6M
- 'Star Trek': Ranking the TV series, movies
- 'Survivor:' Jeff Probst talks Brenda vs. Dawn, the final challenge advantage, and new reunion show format 458
- All Cried Out 464
- A Whole New World 411
- EW.com's 4th Annual Season Finale Awards: Nominations wanted! 550
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': Let's talk about that ending (and Benedict Cumberbatch) 374