Telecommunications giant AT&T announced it is dropping its sponsorship deal with Tiger Woods, joining Accenture and Gillette in cutting ties with the golfer in the wake of allegations of marital infidelity. In a terse statement that did not explain the reasons for the move, AT&T said, “We are ending our sponsorship agreement with Tiger Woods and wish him well in the future.” AT&T’s logo appeared on Woods’ golf bag, and the company served as the sponsor of the AT&T National PGA Tour event that Woods has hosted since 2007.
Dec 31 2009 11:08 AM ET
AT&T drops Tiger Woods sponsorship deal
- 'Celeb Apprentice': Mr. Trump has hired...
- Justin Bieber booed at Billboard Awards
- Billboard Music Awards winners are...
- R.Pattz and K.Stew call it quits: People
- Yahoo to buy Tumblr for $1.1B: Report
- 'Star Trek' rules at box office: $70.6M
- 'Star Trek': Ranking the TV series, movies
- 'SNL': All Stefon's 'N.Y.'s hottest clubs'
- 'Survivor:' Jeff Probst talks Brenda vs. Dawn, the final challenge advantage, and new reunion show format 458
- All Cried Out 464
- A Whole New World 410
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': Let's talk about that ending (and Benedict Cumberbatch) 368
- EW.com's 4th Annual Season Finale Awards: Nominations wanted! 542