Nine, The Weinstein Company’s musical that received five Golden Globe nominations, is shrinking rather than expanding its theater count. After the star-studded film finishing eighth at the box-office last weekend, its second week of release, the Weinstein Company told Reuters that director Rob Marshall’s movie will go from 1,400 screens to about 890 screens.
Dec 30 2009 06:10 AM ET
Weinstein Co. slashes 'Nine' theater count
- 'Wolverine'/Summer Must List: EW cover
- 'Star Trek': Alice Eve underwear 'mystery'
- Jennifer Aniston: 'We're the Millers' trailer
- 'Only God Forgives': Cannes review
- Cassadee Pope: Hear her new single
- Jeanne Cooper tribute: First Look photo
- 'Idol': Candice Glover album out July 16
- 'DWTS': Kellie and Derek win season 16