Rising heavy metal band Avenged Sevenfold’s drummer, Jimmy Sullivan, died Monday at his Southern California home, Reuters reports. James Owen Sullivan — whose nickname was “The Rev” — died of natural causes at age 28. “Jimmy was not only one of the world’s best drummers,” the band said on its website, “but more importantly he was our best friend and brother.” The band, which Sullivan co-founded in 1999, hit No. 4 on the U.S. pop album chart in 2007 with its latest, self-titled album. Sullivan was known for penning the song “A Little Piece of Heaven,” a joking ode to necrophilia, and for a 2006 Revolver magazine story detailing his dabbling in cocaine and other drugs.
Dec 29 2009 05:52 AM ET
Avenged Sevenfold drummer Jimmy Sullivan dies
- James Gandolfini dies at age 51
- James Gandolfini 'a genius': David Chase
- James Gandolfini dies: Tributes on Twitter
- James Gandolfini: 15 classic 'Tony' lines
- Stephen Colbert: Moving tribute to late mom
- 'Divergent' First Look: See new EW cover
- Kanye... or Lucille Bluth: Who said it?
- Kim, Kanye, and...what to name Baby 'K'?