According to court documents released Wednesday in Los Angeles, Courtney Love may have lost custody of her 17-year-old daughter, Frances Bean Cobain, due to “domestic violence,” People reports. On Dec. 11, Love lost legal control of Frances for undisclosed reasons, and the teenager was placed in the temporary care of her grandmother, Wendy O’Connor (the mother of late Nirvana singer Kurt Cobain), and her aunt, Kimberly Dawn. In the newly released court papers, the guardianship’s lawyers argued for certain documents “relating to a minor and allegations of domestic violence” to be sealed. Among the documents being asked to be sealed are Frances’ medical records, according to the court papers, which do not elaborate any further. Love’s publicist had no comment regarding the matter, and the singer’s lawyer could not be reached for comment.
Dec 23 2009 09:15 PM ET
Courtney Love's custody case raises issue of 'domestic violence'
- 'Wolverine'/Summer Must List: EW cover
- 'Star Trek': Alice Eve underwear 'mystery'
- Jennifer Aniston: 'We're the Millers' trailer
- 'Only God Forgives': Cannes review
- Cassadee Pope: Hear her new single
- Jeanne Cooper tribute: First Look photo
- 'Idol': Candice Glover album out July 16
- 'DWTS': Kellie and Derek win season 16