In an interview with The Jewish Chronicle, Brittany Murphy’s mother in law says she was “devastated” to hear of the actress’ sudden death. Linda Monjack, a British hypnotherapist, said that her son Simon — who married Murphy in May 2007 — was “not good at all” after his 32-year-old wife’s death on Sunday. “He has lost the love of his life. It’s very hard for everybody, especially Simon and Brittany’s mother,” Linda Monjack told The Jewish Chronicle. “I’ve spoken to her mother and she is distraught. Brittany was an only child and her mother was living with them…We’re just completely devastated.”
Dec 23 2009 07:22 PM ET
Brittany Murphy's mother in law says family is 'devastated'
- Tom Cruise exits 'Man from U.N.C.L.E.'
- 'American Idol' mulling alums as judges?
- 'Hangover III,' 'F&F 6,' more EW reviews
- Mariah Carey swears, dress slips on 'GMA'
- Amanda Bynes arrested in N.Y.
- CCH Pounder gets 'Sons of Anarchy' gig
- 'Arrested Development': It's almost here!
- 'Orphan Black': Watch start of next episode