Shane Sparks, best known for his work as a choreographer for Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance and a judge on MTV’s America’s Best Dance Crew, was arrested in Los Angeles Friday morning on charges of alleged child molestation. Sparks, whose real name is Melvin Hall, is being held on $590,000 bail. L.A.’s FOX 11 News reports that the criminal complaint against Sparks, filed yesterday by the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office, includes 9 counts of molestation all focused on one alleged victim, a former dance student, dating back to the years 1994 to 1997.
Dec 18 2009 06:00 PM ET
'America's Best Dance Crew' judge arrested for alleged child molestation
- 'Voice': Danielle Bradbery wins season 4
- Blake Shelton on Danielle 'Voice' win
- Cher debuts 'Woman's World' on 'Voice'
- 'Jurassic Park 4' now expected in 2015
- 'Anchorman 2' trailer: Welcome to the '80s
- Shailene Woodley: 'Spectacular Now' peek
- Kanye... or Lucille Bluth: Who said it?
- Rihanna tops Justin Bieber YouTube views