According to The Hollywood Reporter, Emmy Rossum (The Phantom of the Opera), Allison Janney (The West Wing), and Justin Chatwin (Dragonball Evolution) have been added to the cast of Showtime’s upcoming show Shameless. Based on the hit British series from writer Paul Abbott (State of Play), the show will center on a working-class family that includes an alcoholic father (William H. Macy) and his savvy daughter (Rossum). Janney and Chatwin will play love interests for Macy and Rossum, respectively.
Emmy Rossum, Allison Janney set for 'Shameless' on Showtime
- Turkeys! 50 remarkable pop-culture flops
- 'Red Band Society' production halted after 13 episodes
- 'Survivor'; 'Red Band Society'; 'Kingdom'; more TV recaps
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst (plus a tease and deleted scene)
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': New photos introduce us to Christian's mom, dad, and sister
- 'Making of Peter Pan Live': 5 things we learned
- 'Arrow' preview: Laurel dresses the part of Black Canary, but 'a mask does not a hero make'
- 'Voice' winner Josh Kaufman on his acrobatic Broadway debut in 'Pippin'