Big Love doesn’t premiere til Jan. 10 and we already know who’s not coming back next year: Amanda Seyfried. As first reported on TVGuide.com, Seyfried will leave the show at the end of this season to pursue her film career full time. Best known for her role in last year’s blockbuster Mamma Mia!, Seyfried will give up her sixth-month commitment to the award-winning HBO show after her character, Bill Paxton’s eldest daughter Sarah, gets married this year. Seyfried, who appeared in Diablo Cody’s Jennifer’s Body this year, can next be seen in the Liam Neeson/Julianne Moore drama Chloe, Lasse Hallstrom’s Dear John, and Letters to Juliet with Gael Garcia Bernal.
Dec 17 2009 06:21 PM ET
Amanda Seyfried to leave 'Big Love' at the end of the season
- Ray Manzarek of the Doors dies at age 74
- 'DWTS' has voting snafu on ABC.com
- 'X Factor': Kelly Rowland, Paulina Rubio in
- Will and Jaden Smith: TV rap sessions
- Microsoft poised to unveil new Xbox
- 'Revolution' recap: Get a 'Clue'
- 'Wolverine' trailer: Logan broods, fights
- 'Buffy': 10th anniversary of series finale