Ben Bernanke, the 56-year-old chairman of the Federal Reserve, has been crowned Time‘s Person of Year. Runners-ups include General Stanley McChrystal, the Chinese worker, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, and Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt, the world’s fastest man. Among the People Who Mattered: Jon and Kate Gosselin, Adam Lambert, Jay Leno and David Letterman, Twilight‘s Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart, Taylor Swift, The Twitter guys (Biz Stone and Evan Williams), and Tiger Woods.
Dec 16 2009 10:00 AM ET
Ben Bernanke named 'Time' magazine's Person of the Year
- Ray Manzarek of the Doors dies at age 74
- 'DWTS': Moment of silence for Oklahoma
- 'X Factor': Kelly Rowland, Paulina Rubio in
- Jennifer Lawrence in 'X-Men': New photo
- John Barrowman: 'Sing Your Face Off' host
- 'Mike & Molly' tornado episode pulled
- 'SNL': A 'Lovely Day' ends an era
- Taylor Swift: About that unicorn tee...