Al Pacino has optioned his first book in which he’ll play the lead in the film adaptation — award-winning author Philip Roth’s The Humbling, about an aging stage actor who finds renewal through a younger woman. The New York Times also reports that Oscar winner Barry Levinson (Rain Man, Bugsy) will direct. And 79-year-old screenwriter Buck Henry (The Graduate, To Die For) will pen the script.
Al Pacino, Barry Levinson, and Buck Henry bringing latest Philip Roth book to big screen
- 'Manhattan Love Story' is first fall show to be canceled
- 'Constantine' series premiere; 'Amazing Race'; more TV recaps
- Monica Potter describes her perfect 'Parenthood' ending
- 'Justified' season 6 teaser welcomes Raylan back for his farewell season
- Benedict Cumberbatch tries to walk like Beyonce; let the memes begin...
- ’Supernatural,' 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Newsroom,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'Once Upon a Time': Lana Parrilla and Jennifer Morrison preview SwanQueen episode
- Brad Pitt talks 'Fury' (or is that 'Furry'?) on 'Between Two Ferns'