According the the AP, an attorney for Samantha Geimer—the woman who Roman Polanski is accused of raping when she was 13-years old in 1977—asked a Los Angeles appellate court to drop the charges against the director. The court will decide if a lower court should dismiss the case without Polanski being in attendance. (Polanski’s attorney was also arguing for dismissal without Polanski having to return to the United States.) Said Geimer’s attorney Lawrence Silver, “No one in this room would say the proceedings were fair. Thirty-two years is enough.”
Dec 11 2009 05:57 AM ET
Victim's attorney asks for dismissal of Polanski charges
- 'Fast & Furious' vs. 'Hangover' for No. 1
- 'Simpsons': Visit Springfield (in Orlando)
- CBS: Full trailers for new fall shows
- Mary J. Blige faces $3.4M federal tax lien
- 'Intervention' canceled by A&E
- Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Trek' shower?!
- 'SNL': Best host of 2012-13? YOU say it's...
- 'X-Men': Evan Peters in as Quiksilver