MTV’s Jersey Shore has lost a bit of advertising after concerns were raised over the reality series’ depiction of Italian-Americans. But Domino’s, which decided not to run ads on the show after appearing in one spot on the Dec. 3 premiere episode, says the decision wasn’t due to Italian-American organization UNICO National’s complaints. The pizza chain also says it will continue to buy time on the network, just not specifically on Jersey Shore: “Our third-party media buyer, after reviewing the show, told MTV Friday morning that the content wasn’t right for Domino’s,” a spokesman said. “The request to keep our spots from future episodes took place in the morning, well before we received any complaints or inquiries from anyone. We make our ad buy decisions internally, not due to any outside influences. We have no issue with MTV, and we haven’t pulled our advertising from the network. We just don’t want to be on that particular show.” American Family Insurance also stopped running spots during the controversial show, but for strictly technical reasons, a spokesman said: The company had “a very limited association” with the show, with promos for special safe-teen-driving webisodes running during the premiere, but set to end when the online series ended on Sunday. “The only action we took was to ask them not to run the promos during the Jersey Shore reruns this weekend,” the spokesman said.
Advertisers pull out of 'Jersey Shore' ... sort of
- Prince George: We know THAT look...
- Kate Hudson shares her favorite 'Overboard' lines
- 'Walking Dead': Carol, Judith, Rick in 2 new pics
- 'Arrow': 'We believe in accelerated storytelling'
- 'Vikings' Comic-Con comic book: We've got the cover
- 'Sons of Anarchy' ending: Kurt Sutter says...
- Kacy Catanzaro talks 'Ninja Warrior' whirlwind
- Batman's best stories: 9 that shine
- 'Two and a Half Men' final season to tackle 'gay' adoption 629
- 'Lost cause' 407
- Captain America is black, Thor is a woman, and Iron Man has a new costume: Witness Avengers NOW! 505
- 'Doctor Who': Which episode should newbies check out first? 421
- 'Dating Naked' reveals disappointingly small ratings 285
Top 5 Most Read
- Robert Downey, Jr. tops Forbes' list of highest paid actors once again
- 'The Walking Dead': See Carol, Judith and Rick in exclusive new season 5 images
- Why 'Rocky IV' is the best fight -- Ever!
- 'Sons of Anarchy' creator says series ending not yet decided
- Kacy Catanzaro would happily hit the 'American Ninja Warrior' obstacle course with Stephen Amell