During last night’s fall finale of ABC’s Flash Forward, the network ran a teaser promo revealing that the thriller series—which was originally scheduled to take the holidays off and return in January—actually would not return to new episodes until March 4. According to Variety, network insiders said the move allows Flash Forward to run from March through May without any repeats, as well as avoid the NBC’s airing of the Olympics in February. Lengthy hiatuses are common this season. ABC aired four episodes of V in November, but won’t return until March 30, in a post-Lost slot. Fox’s Glee and Lie to Me are also going to employ the long-break strategy.
- Oklahoma fund-raiser on NBC May 29
- Fox reality boss Mike Darnell steps down
- Stone Temple Pilots suit vs. Scott Weiland
- Tom Cruise exits 'Man from U.N.C.L.E.'
- 'Arrested Development': Ask the 'kids'
- 'American Idol' mulling alums as judges?
- Mariah Carey swears, dress slips on 'GMA'
- Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Trek' shower?!