According to ABC, Regis Philbin underwent successful hip replacement surgery today. In an email, the network issued the following statement: “Word from the hospital is that everything went perfectly this morning during Regis’ hip replacement surgery, and his doctor said that Regis couldn’t be in better shape.” ABC also says that the LIVE! with Regis and Kelly co-host will return to the talk show after Jan. 1. (Philbin will be in recovery for 4-6 weeks.)
Dec 1 2009 05:43 PM ET
Regis Philbin undergoes hip replacement surgery
- 'Dumb and Dumber' sequel finds new home
- Selma Blair exits 'Anger Management'
- Chris Pratt in 'Lego Movie': New trailer
- Liv Tyler joins Damon Lindelof pilot
- 'Anchorman 2': We know that mustache...
- Betty White's Facebook post (in longhand)
- Armie Hammer: No 'Fifty Shades' for me
- 'Prometheus' sequel hires a new writer