U.S. distribution rights for Paranormal Activity director Oren Peli’s next film have gone to Paramount Pictures, Variety reports. Area 51 is an aliens-related film using the same “found footage” format as Paranormal Activity, though it had a higher budget due to that film’s success. Shooting finished in early November, with a 2010 release expected.
Nov 30 2009 05:26 AM ET
Paramount snags followup from 'Paranormal Activity' director
- 'Voice' season 4: And the winner is...
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' top 20 is...
- 'Channing All Over Your Tatum': Kimmel clip
- Selma Blair exits 'Anger Management'
- Miss USA 2013: Our recap in pictures
- Armie Hammer: No 'Fifty Shades' for me
- 'Dumb and Dumber' sequel finds new home
- 'Man of Steel' gets religion?