Hulu, the popular web hub for online viewing of current and classic television shows, is drawing record use. According to Advertising Age, traffic on the site jumped nearly 47% in October, its largest month-to-month gain of the past year. The spike coincides with the networks’ new fall programs and with ABC’s recent decision to make their hit shows, like Lost and Desperate Housewives, available on the service. The increased traffic is reflected in the site’s booming advertising, as Hulu anticipates they’re nearly sold-out for the last quarter of the year.
Hulu traffic spikes
- 'Sound of Music': Laura Benanti on big night
- Oscars 2014: Who's up, who's down
- Grammy nominations: Who gets the call tonight?
- 'Spring Awakening' reunion: You are there!
- 10 best movies of '13: Owen Gleiberman picks...
- 10 best movies of '13: Chris Nashawaty picks...
- 10 best TV shows of '13: Doc Jensen's picks
- 10 best TV shows of '13: Melissa Maerz's picks