Hulu, the popular web hub for online viewing of current and classic television shows, is drawing record use. According to Advertising Age, traffic on the site jumped nearly 47% in October, its largest month-to-month gain of the past year. The spike coincides with the networks’ new fall programs and with ABC’s recent decision to make their hit shows, like Lost and Desperate Housewives, available on the service. The increased traffic is reflected in the site’s booming advertising, as Hulu anticipates they’re nearly sold-out for the last quarter of the year.
Hulu traffic spikes
- Lindsay Lohan teases 'Mean Girls' reunion
- 'Mad Men' gets trippy: Season 7 poster art
- '24: Live Another Day': 10 new photos
- 'Grey's Anatomy' shocker: Isaiah Washington back!
- 8 TV stars who proved you can go home again
- 'Once Upon a Time': Flying monkeys!
- Jodi Picoult's 'Leaving Time': First Look
- 'Reign' react: 'The Consummation'