Responding to reports that Bob and Harvey Weinstein would like to buy back the name of their former company Miramax, the brothers confirmed in a statement to EW: “We founded Miramax 29 years ago, naming it after our parents Miriam and Max. If there is ever an opportunity to make a deal to buy it back, we would certainly take it and there isn’t much in the world that would make our 83-year-old mother happier.” The Weinsteins left the name behind in 2005 when they split from Disney-owned Miramax to start The Weinstein Company. Disney has recently dramatically downsized Miramax.
Nov 25 2009 05:29 PM ET
Bob and Harvey Weinstein would love a deal to buy back Miramax name
- CBS takes 2012-13 ratings crown from Fox
- 'Voice' adds tornado victims tribute
- 'Voice' recap at 8 ET to be bumped by news
- 'Behind the Candelabra': Cannes review
- 'DWTS' poll: Who deserves to win?
- Beyonce's 'Grown Woman' surfaces online
- 'X Factor': Kelly Rowland, Paulina Rubio in
- 'Wolverine' trailer: Logan broods, fights