Regis Philbin announced today on Live with Regis and Kelly that he will take a leave of absence from the show to recover from hip replacement surgery he’s undergoing Dec. 1. A Regis & Kelly rep tells EW the 78-year-old host plans to return to the show after the four-to-six week recovery period that is standard for this type of medical procedure.
Regis Philbin announces leave of absence from 'Live with Regis and Kelly'
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits: Day 2
- Comic-Con 2014: All the stars at the EW Hideout
- 'Sons of Anarchy' poll: Who lives, who dies?
- 'Orphan Black' gets big welcome at Comic-Con
- 'Game of Thrones': Epic season 4 blooper reel
- 'SHIELD' gag reel: It takes a few takes to save the world
- Comic-Con '14: Eye on day 2 panels
- Comic-Con '14: Celebs make the rounds, day 2