Regis Philbin announced today on Live with Regis and Kelly that he will take a leave of absence from the show to recover from hip replacement surgery he’s undergoing Dec. 1. A Regis & Kelly rep tells EW the 78-year-old host plans to return to the show after the four-to-six week recovery period that is standard for this type of medical procedure.
Regis Philbin announces leave of absence from 'Live with Regis and Kelly'
- Joe Cocker, veteran rock singer, dies at 70
- Michael C. Hall sings 'Angry Inch' from 'Hedwig' at NYC club
- 25 most memorable pop culture moments of 2014
- Bruce Campbell talks 'Evil Dead' TV, and Ash as a 'crabby middle-aged man...the ultimate anti-hero'
- George Clooney, a.k.a., Lord Hollywood, visits 'Downton Abbey'; watch Xmas short
- 'Homeland' season finale recap: 'Long Time Coming'
- 'Homeland' season 4 finale 'one of the show's most beautiful episodes,' says Showtime boss
- Stephen Colbert, not 'Stephen Colbert': 7 clips of the man untethered from his TV persona