Regis Philbin announced today on Live with Regis and Kelly that he will take a leave of absence from the show to recover from hip replacement surgery he’s undergoing Dec. 1. A Regis & Kelly rep tells EW the 78-year-old host plans to return to the show after the four-to-six week recovery period that is standard for this type of medical procedure.
Regis Philbin announces leave of absence from 'Live with Regis and Kelly'
- Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson to talk on ABC tonight
- 'Jurassic World': Watch first full trailer
- 'Sherlock' first photo from new special
- 'New Girl' sneak peek: Watch Jess' sexy colleague push (and pop open) her buttons
- Hugh Jackman welcomes(?) us to Neverland in 'Pan' trailer
- Jennifer Aniston vs. Lisa Kudrow: A little cussing among 'Friends'
- Angelina Jolie and 'Unbroken' Star Jack O'Connell: 6 New EW Portraits
- Mad Decent Boat Party photos: 4 days on a rave wave with the Diplo-mats