Movie studio Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, or MGM, is officially for sale, Variety reports. The studio announced Friday that the MGM debtholders would extend forbearance on debt payments until Jan. 31, and that MGM was “beginning a process to explore various strategic alternatives including operating as a standalone entity, forming strategic partnerships, and evaluating a potential sale of the company.” MGM has a library of at least 4,000 titles, and it owns the rights to the James Bond franchise.
MGM movie studio is officially for sale
- 'Captain America 2' is No. 1 Friday: $9.6M
- 'Godzilla' promo: See the monster roar
- Prince surprises fans with a new single
- 'Lost' series finale: Carlton Cuse looks back
- 'Orphan Black': Tatiana Maslany 'high octane' promise
- Gwen Stefani + 'The Voice'? Sound good to you?
- Clones! Doppelgangers! Twins! 23 movie/TV multiples
- Natalie Dormer talks Margaery (and a little Cressida)
Top 5 Most Read
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like
- 'Game of Thrones' Natalie Dormer teases what's next for Margaery
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes
- 'Lost' exec producer Carlton Cuse looks back at plotting the finale -- and picks TV's best goodbye
- Lindsay Lohan says 'sex list' is real, but there's an unfortunate reason…