Movie studio Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, or MGM, is officially for sale, Variety reports. The studio announced Friday that the MGM debtholders would extend forbearance on debt payments until Jan. 31, and that MGM was “beginning a process to explore various strategic alternatives including operating as a standalone entity, forming strategic partnerships, and evaluating a potential sale of the company.” MGM has a library of at least 4,000 titles, and it owns the rights to the James Bond franchise.
MGM movie studio is officially for sale
- EW's 2014 Summer Movie Awards
- Jennifer Lawrence and others' nude pics hacked?
- 'Houdini' react: Spymaster of illusion?
- 'Falling Skies' boss answers burning Q's about season 4 finale
- 20 best (and 10 worst) movie theme songs
- 14 worst jobs, as seen at the movies
- 'Dallas' star Patrick Duffy still has 'Man From Atlantis' eyes, recalls Lynda Carter crush
- Jennifer Garner and Denis Leary in 'Draft Day' scene you didn't see; watch it here