Keith Lewis, the executive director of Miss California USA, has issued a response to Still Standing, the memoir written by former Miss California USA Carrie Prejean. “Unfortunately, Ms. Prejean has once again taken us away from preparing for the upcoming 2010 Miss California USA pageant on Nov. 22,” the statement reads. “Her book is full of inaccuracies and outright lies. We are considering all legal options, but remain committed to the business of beauty. Ms. Prejean was fired because of breach of contract and her most recent admission is only further proof that our decision was not optional but mandatory.” Prejean, currently embarking on a media blitz to promote the book, criticized the organization in her memoir.
Miss California USA director responds to Carrie Prejean's book
- 'Agents of SHIELD': 'The Only Light in the Darkness'
- Stephen Colbert visits 'Late Show': Watch a clip
- 'Fargo' recap: 'The Rooster Prince'
- 'Supernatural' spin-off: First trailer
- Neil Patrick Harris on B'way in 'Hedwig': EW review
- 'Mindy Project' recap: An officer and a gynecologist
- 'Voice' recap: And then there were 10
- 'Faking It' series premiere: MTV's faux lesbians
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Friends' creators Marta Kauffman and David Crane look back at the finale -- and why they won't do a reunion show
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'I feel like I'm just now starting to learn how to write it' -- LISTEN
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show'
- 'Fast & Furious 7': Vin Diesel posts photo with Paul Walker's brothers
- Courteney Cox shuts down talk of 'Friends' reunion on 'Letterman' -- VIDEO