Keith Lewis, the executive director of Miss California USA, has issued a response to Still Standing, the memoir written by former Miss California USA Carrie Prejean. “Unfortunately, Ms. Prejean has once again taken us away from preparing for the upcoming 2010 Miss California USA pageant on Nov. 22,” the statement reads. “Her book is full of inaccuracies and outright lies. We are considering all legal options, but remain committed to the business of beauty. Ms. Prejean was fired because of breach of contract and her most recent admission is only further proof that our decision was not optional but mandatory.” Prejean, currently embarking on a media blitz to promote the book, criticized the organization in her memoir.
Miss California USA director responds to Carrie Prejean's book
- 'Scandal' recap: 'The Price of Free and Fair Elections'
- Joss Whedon's 'In Your Eyes': Watch how it starts
- 'American Idol' recap: Alabama shaky
- 'Grey's Anatomy' recap: 'Go It Alone'
- 'Workaholics' guy visits Pawnee
- 'Parenthood' react: 'The Pontiac'
- 'Vampire Diaries' recap: 'Resident Evil'
- George R.R. Martin: Wanna see a full-sized dragon?
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Parks and Recreation' finale: 'Workaholics' star Blake Anderson to guest -- EXCLUSIVE
- 'Scandal' season finale recap: 'I'm the Scandal'
- Joss Whedon's 'In Your Eyes': Watch the gripping first three minutes before Tribeca -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
- 'Grey's Anatomy' recap: We're All In This Alone
- 'Scandal' finale: Talk about it! -- UPDATED