Keith Lewis, the executive director of Miss California USA, has issued a response to Still Standing, the memoir written by former Miss California USA Carrie Prejean. “Unfortunately, Ms. Prejean has once again taken us away from preparing for the upcoming 2010 Miss California USA pageant on Nov. 22,” the statement reads. “Her book is full of inaccuracies and outright lies. We are considering all legal options, but remain committed to the business of beauty. Ms. Prejean was fired because of breach of contract and her most recent admission is only further proof that our decision was not optional but mandatory.” Prejean, currently embarking on a media blitz to promote the book, criticized the organization in her memoir.
Miss California USA director responds to Carrie Prejean's book
- 'Walking Dead': How far will it have to go to keep shocking us?
- 'Gotham' costume designer on what clothes tell us about each character
- 'Big Bang Theory'; 'Dancing With the Stars'; 'The Voice'; 'Sleepy Hollow'; more TV recaps
- 'The Blacklist'; 'Originals'; 'Gotham'; 'Jane the Virgin'; more TV recaps
- 'Fraggle Rock' actor Gerard Parkes dies at 90
- 'SNL' adds Leslie Jones as cast member
- 'Star Wars' First Look: Alex Ross' cover for Marvel comic book
- 'Vampire Diaries' sneak peek: Elena and Stefan are southbound?
Top 5 Most Read
- Disney announces 2016 release for animated feature 'Moana'
- Are we all numb to the atrocities of 'Walking Dead'?
- 'Gotham' costume secrets: Revealing details you may have missed
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: A pecs-tacular shirtless week
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' soundtrack to be released on cassette tapes