Keith Lewis, the executive director of Miss California USA, has issued a response to Still Standing, the memoir written by former Miss California USA Carrie Prejean. “Unfortunately, Ms. Prejean has once again taken us away from preparing for the upcoming 2010 Miss California USA pageant on Nov. 22,” the statement reads. “Her book is full of inaccuracies and outright lies. We are considering all legal options, but remain committed to the business of beauty. Ms. Prejean was fired because of breach of contract and her most recent admission is only further proof that our decision was not optional but mandatory.” Prejean, currently embarking on a media blitz to promote the book, criticized the organization in her memoir.
Miss California USA director responds to Carrie Prejean's book
- 'Sons of Anarchy' wraps series finale, team shares pics from set
- 31 scariest movies of all time: Chris Nashawaty's picks
- 17 creepiest TV shows
- 'How to Get Away With Murder': Talk about 'Freakin' Whack-a-Mole' surprises
- 'Scandal'; 'Vampire Diaries'; 'Reign'; more TV recaps
- 'Big Bang Theory'; 'Project Runway All Stars'; 'Graceland'; more TV recaps
- 'Modern Family' Halloween: Welcome to AwesomeLand
- Maggie Gyllenhaal and Ewan McGregor in 'The Real Thing': EW stage review
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- Children of the Revolution: An exclusive first look at 'Terminator: Genisys'
- Lily Rabe to appear on 'American Horror Story: Freak Show,' reprise 'Asylum' role
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'
- Get an exclusive first look at 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies'