Fox Searchlight has agreed to co-finance and distribute Black Swan, a supernatural thriller from director Darren Aronofsky (The Wrestler), according to The Hollywood Reporter. The film — about a dancer at the New York City Ballet (Natalie Portman) who doesn’t know if a rival dancer (Mila Kunis) is actually a figment of her imagination — also added Winona Ryder, Barbara Hershey, and Vincent Cassell to the cast, which was first reported by SlashFilm. Shooting is set to start at the end of the year.
Fox Searchlight picks up Darren Aronofsky film 'Black Swan'
- 'Mindy,' 'New Girl,' 'Brooklyn,' 'Following' renewed
- 'Vampire Diaries': A salute to Katherine
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 5 ideas for Dr. Burke
- 'Reign': What did 'uncensored' sex scenes add?
- 27 DreamWorks animated movies: We rank 'em
- 'Bones' vs. 'something very vague and conspiratorial'
- SXSW 2014: 11 must-see movies
- Robert Rodriguez rewrites TV 'rules' with El Rey