Chris Brown has issued a reaction to ex-girlfriend Rihanna’s candid interview with Diane Sawyer on 20/20. In a statement released to MTV News, Brown says, “While I respect Rihanna’s right to discuss the specific events of February 8, I maintain my position that all of the details should remain a private matter between us. I do appreciate her support and wish her the best. I am extremely sorry for what I did, and I accept accountability for my actions. At this point, I am taking the proper steps to learn about me and grow from my mistakes. I only hope that others in similar situations can learn from our experience as well. Abuse of any kind is always wrong. The rest I leave it to God.” In the interview with Sawyer, Rihanna emotionally detailed the night Brown physically assaulted her after the two had a heated argument. Brown pleaded guilty to felony assault in June.
Nov 7 2009 10:11 AM ET
Chris Brown responds to Rihanna's '20/20' interview
- 'Fast & Furious' vs. 'Hangover' for No. 1
- 'Simpsons': Visit Springfield (in Orlando)
- CBS: Full trailers for new fall shows
- Mary J. Blige faces $3.4M federal tax lien
- 'Intervention' canceled by A&E
- Benedict Cumberbatch in 'Trek' shower?!
- 'SNL': Best host of 2012-13? YOU say it's...
- 'X-Men': Evan Peters in as Quiksilver