The original reality cooking show is getting some much needed publicity thanks to Michelle Obama. According to CNN, the first lady of the U.S. will open the White House to the Food Network’s Iron Chef America in an episode that will promote healthy living and feature ingredients grown in the White House’s vegetable garden. In an episode set to air in January, Mrs. Obama will appear on the show and announce the secret ingredient to the chefs before the competition. The episode, featuring celebrity chefs Bobby Flay, Mario Batali and Emeril Lagasse along with White House executive chef Cristeta Comerford, has already been filmed.
Nov 5 2009 07:06 PM ET
Iron Chef goes to the White House
- James Gandolfini dies at age 51
- James Gandolfini 'a genius': David Chase
- James Gandolfini dies: Tributes on Twitter
- James Gandolfini: 15 classic 'Tony' lines
- 'Divergent' First Look: See new EW cover
- Kanye... or Lucille Bluth: Who said it?
- Kim, Kanye, and...what to name Baby 'K'?
- 'World War Z': EW movie review