Proving once again that Hollywood’s latest mining opportunity is the well of classic toys and board games moviegoers loved as kids, Sony Pictures has acquired the rights to make a feature film from board game Risk. Hasbro Entertainment now holds serious cachet in Hollywood after the successes of the Transformers franchise and G.I. Joe.
'Risk' becomes the latest board game headed for the big screen
- 'Terminator: Genisys': Meet the main characters/cast in EW exclusive portraits
- 'Terminator: Genisys': What we saw on the set--and hints on new twists
- 'Terminator: Genisys' storyboards: EW exclusive peek
- 'Party Down South 2' trailer: No sleep 'til Biloxi
- 'Inherent Vice': First Look at cover art for movie tie-in edition of novel
- 'AHS: Freak Show'; 'Survivor'; 'Arrow'; 'Nashville'; 'Top Chef'; more TV recaps
- Jim Carrey nails McConaughey voice again: 'All I gotta do is let go of the illusion that I exist'
- Spider-Man fans, take a good long look at Marvel's latest Summer '15 teaser
Top 5 Most Read
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'
- Lily Rabe to appear on 'American Horror Story: Freak Show,' reprise 'Asylum' role
- 'Game of Thrones' cast signs on for 7th season, for a reportedly 'huge' raise
- This week's cover: First look at 'Terminator: Genisys'