Proving once again that Hollywood’s latest mining opportunity is the well of classic toys and board games moviegoers loved as kids, Sony Pictures has acquired the rights to make a feature film from board game Risk. Hasbro Entertainment now holds serious cachet in Hollywood after the successes of the Transformers franchise and G.I. Joe.
'Risk' becomes the latest board game headed for the big screen
- Turkeys! 50 remarkable pop-culture flops
- 'Red Band Society' production halted after 13 episodes
- 'Survivor'; 'Red Band Society'; 'Kingdom'; more TV recaps
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': New photos introduce us to Christian's mom, dad, and sister
- Thanksgiving family movie nights: Our most awkward choices...and yours?
- 'Arrow' preview: Laurel dresses the part of Black Canary, but 'a mask does not a hero make'
- 'Horrible Bosses 2' review: Working too hard for too little payoff
- Jennifer Aniston plays 'Horrible' prank on BBC DJ
Top 5 Most Read
- And the 'Dancing With the Stars' season 19 winner is...
- 'Dancing With the Stars' season finale recap: A nail-biter till the very end
- Jennifer Aniston and Lisa Kudrow try to out-curse each other on 'Kimmel'
- 'Arrow': Despite Black Canary costume, Laurel is far from a hero
- Meet Christian Grey's family in new 'Fifty Shades' photos