Proving once again that Hollywood’s latest mining opportunity is the well of classic toys and board games moviegoers loved as kids, Sony Pictures has acquired the rights to make a feature film from board game Risk. Hasbro Entertainment now holds serious cachet in Hollywood after the successes of the Transformers franchise and G.I. Joe.
'Risk' becomes the latest board game headed for the big screen
- 12 lessons we learned from 2014's summer movies
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser 3: Most twisted yet
- 'New Girl' has a new guy: Julian Morris in recurring role
- 'Doctor Who' and the joys of sadness
- 'Revenge,' 'Criminal Minds,' 'Vampire Diaries,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'How to Train Your Dragon 2': Flying high globally, clipped wings in U.S.--so, was it a hit?
- Summer of Butts: A cheeky look at 2014 season's most distinguishing feature
- Norman Reedus' personal 'Walking Dead' photo album
Top 5 Most Read
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' exclusive: Watch the most twisted teaser yet!
- Entertainment Geekly: 'Doctor Who' is the saddest show on television
- On the Books: Bruce Springsteen's publishing a book about a bank-robbing baby
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Revenge,' 'Criminal Minds,' 'Vampire Diaries' and more
- Norman Reedus' Personal 'Walking Dead' Photo Album